SHOP BY GEOGRAPHY
ON MY MIND (BLOG)
Search this Site
|Bed and Bath . . .
»Bath & Beach Towels
»Bath Rugs & Accessories
|»Mattresses & Futons
»Spa & Beauty Products
Bedding [Back to Top]
- aj Moss (Intervale, NH): a terrific source for luxury bedding, including comforter and dust ruffle sets and matching window treatments, including their own ajMoss products, as well as US-made bedding from Victor Mill, Thomasville and more. Shop from their "Made in the USA" page.
- Amana Woolen Mill (Amana, IA): plaid and pastel acrylic and cotton blankets, embroidered blankets
- American Made Dorm (Louisville, KY): bedding for dorm and home in TwinXL to King sizes. Comforters, sheets, mattress toppers and towels, all made in USA in lots of great prints. Featuring those hard-to-find TwinXL sheets--great one-stop shopping for your college students!
- Bates Mill Store (Lewiston, ME): traditional loomed bedspreads, still made at Bates Mill. (When the original company closed in 2001, a group of mill workers formed a new company... Maine Heritage Weavers ...and continue to make these beautiful products!)
- Bean Products, Inc. (Chicago, IL): beanbag chairs, organic pillows, and body pillows (Keyword "USA")
- Brahms Mount Textiles (Hallowell, ME): blankets, baby blankets, throws and towels of linen and cotton, in complex weaves and restful natural hues. They even weave with American-raised alpaca wool!
- Celia Rachel: With great sadness, I note the closing in spring 2015 of this fine company that made the best jersey knit sheets I have come across. Back in the day, they also made beautiful lingerie. (The fabrics were made at Mohican Mills Inc., a huge knitting factory in Lincolnton, NC. In a news release, Fab Industries Corp., which owns Mohican Mills, announced that it will shutter the 750,000-square-foot plant between May 25 and June 8, 2015, with a loss of 157 jobs.) Thanks for great products and customer service. You will be missed.
- Chooty & Co. (Council Bluffs, IA): decorative pillows, duvet covers, curtains and other textiles, available from Wayfair
- The Company Store (La Crosse, WI): pillows and comforters filled with down or polyfiber, made in La Crosse, WI, from imported materials (other products imported, so check product descriptions)
- CozyPure (Norfolk, VA): manufacturers of CozyPure organic mattresses and organic bedding, all made in USA.
- Cuddledown (Portland, ME): down pillows and comforters, made in USA with imported materials (Keyword "USA")
- Dan River Inc. (Danville, VA): No longer made in USA. Read Farewell to Dan River Mills ]
- Denali Throws (Janesville, WI): beautiful throws made from plushy soft acrylic knit. Available from Denali Blankets
- Fabric Workroom (Southport, CT): bedding, fabric headboards, window treatments and pillows. The website allows shoppers to choose from hundreds of styles and fabrics to create a custom look, all made in USA.
- Faribault Woolen Mills (Faribault, MN): the mill, which began operations in 1877, closed in 2009, but has reopened under new ownership! Yeah!!
- Holy Lamb Organics (Oakville, WA): wool-filled pillows, comforters and mattress tops, made from American wool batting and imported organic cotton fabric. They also carry organic cotton sheets made in Mexico from American-grown organic cotton.
- Humboldt Specialty Mfg. (Omaha, NE): sheets for RVs, truck sleepers, dorms, and bunk beds, made with specially designed pockets and attached top sheet so that sheets stay on the bed! This design is great for young children (and teenagers!) who have trouble making beds. Also a source for custom sized sheets.
- Kelley Green (Ashland, OR): American-raised alpaca wool, hemp and organic cotton bedding, including comforters, sheets, pillows and baby bedding
- Mayfield Mfg (Thomson, GA): sheet sets, including 200 and 300 count, all-cotton and poly-cotton blends. Made in USA from domestic and imported fabric. Available from US-Mattress.com
- Pacific Coast Feather Company (Seattle, WA): down and feather comforters and pillows, made in USA of imported materials. (Apparently there are no American geese?!)
- Pendleton Woolen Mills (Pendleton, OR): woven blankets of virgin wool, including Native American designs, outdoor blankets, and crib blankets
- PeachFur Fleece: hypo-allergenic fleece blankets in lots of colors and faux fur patterns
- Quilts: see Handcraft Artisans
- Quilt Racks : compression, wall mount, and ladder style quilt racks...hand-crafted from hardwoods in Pennsylvania
- Rockmount Ranchwear (Denver, CO): fleece blankets with Western themes, made in USA
- Victor Mill, Inc. (Greenville, SC): designer and manufacturer of luxury bedding and accessories, including comforters, bedspreads, daybed covers, and window treatments. Available from ajMoss
- Woolrich (Woolrich, PA): although most products sold by Woolrich are no longer made in USA, they do offer a selection of bedding, and throws that are USA-made. (Use Keyword "USA")
Bath & Beach Towels [Back to Top]
- 1888 Mills (Griffin, GA): American-made luxury towels for hotels and spas, but available to consumers at Big Ass Towels in plain or logo styles. Although the company now has a number of Asian mills, some of their American-made towels are available at American Made Dorm & Home and My All-American Store
- Carolina Parakeet: great beach towels made in SC (Bamboo-cotton products imported)
- Native Organic Cotton (El Segundo, CA): American-grown organic cotton sheets, towels, bath robes, and kitchen linens. Although not woven in the U.S., these textiles are cut and finished in the U.S. with American-grown cotton.
Bath Rugs & Accessories [Back to Top]
- Bemis Manufacturing Co. (Sheboygan Falls, WI): wood and plastic toilet seats in many designs and colors, at FixturesDirect
- Emerson Creek Pottery (Bedford, VA): handmade and hand-painted pottery bath accessories, including soap dishes, toothbrush holders, and lotion dispensers.
- Fanmats, LLC (Suwanee, GA): manufacturer of tufted floor mats and rugs, specializing in licensed products including Collegiate, NFL, NBA, NHL and Military-themed mats
- Garland Rug (Dalton, GA): manufacturer of nylon tufted and dyed rugs, including bath mats and matching accessories. Available from BedBathStore
- Mohawk Home (Calhoun, GA): manufacturer of all sorts of flooring products, including soft nylon bath rugs and matching toilet lid and tank covers in lots of colors. I bought mine from Blair
- W.C. Redmon Co. (Peru, IN): a full line of bathroom hampers and wastebaskets (some products imported, so check origin). Available from Wayfair
Preserve Toothbrushes with Handles of Recycled Plastic
Redmon Elegante Decorator Wicker Hamper
Emerson Creek Pottery
Mattresses & Futons [Back to Top]
- CozyPure (Norfolk, VA): manufacturers of CozyPure organic mattresses and organic bedding, all made in USA.
- Savvy Rest (Charlottesville, VA): organic mattresses and pillows, plus a selection of American-made bed frames
- Small Wonders Futons (Missoula, MT): futons in all sizes, hand made from American-grown "green" cotton (no dyes, bleaches or fungicides) and wool from Black Face Suffolk sheep raised in Montana.
- Tempflow (Los Angeles, CA): memory foam and latex foam mattresses, made in California from US-made memory foam
Men's Grooming [Back to Top]
- Beau Tye (Dallas, TX): handmade soaps, lotions and fragrances, many formulated specifically for men.
- Cremo Company (Laguna Beach, CA): makers of Cremo Shave Cream, a concentrated, foam-less shaving cream that comes in a tube, smells great, works great! The company also makes face wash and moisturizer, and a version for the ladies. Available from Cremo, or I bought mine at CVS.
- Man Stuff: (Shafer, MN): lotion, body wash, and hair conditioners made with natural plant extracts, but without the heavy scent. Products and packaging all made in USA.
- ShavWet (Boise, ID): a unique hand-held, fog free shaving mirror specially designed for use in the shower. Great for traveling. Comes with a sample of Ultimate ShavWet Cream, both made in USA.
Shower Curtains [Back to Top]
- American Made Dorm & Home (Louisville, KY): fabric shower curtains made in USA (plastic liner recommended with these), as well as a great assortment of matching bedding to make your home or dorm special. Products are not only sewn in U.S., but with American textiles as well.
- Bean Products, Inc.: white and natural cotton shower curtains (Keyword "USA")
- Decorating With Lace: lace shower curtains by Heritage Lace
- Horchow: shower curtains made in USA of imported fabric (keyword "shower USA")
- Mountain Laurel Mercantile: cotton duck shower curtains with heavy duty grommets, and lots of other great products made in USA
Spa & Beauty Products [Back to Top]
- Alabu Skin Care natural skin care products, including soaps made with fresh goat milk. Made in upstate New York by a family-owned business.
- Arizona Sun (Scottsdale, AZ): sun care, moisturizers, and bath products made with Southwest botanicals like aloe, sage, cacti, and jojoba. "RightForFlight" collections feature small sizes suitable for airline travel.
- Beessential (Cleveland, OH): handcrafted soaps, body washes, and hand & body cream, made with beeswax and honey from their own hive, along with botanical ingredients.
- Burt's Bees (Durham, NC): a wide range of personal care products made from natural ingredients
- Camille Beckman (Eagle, ID): a wonderful collection of creams, lotions, lip balms, and hair care products, all made in USA, and available in over 30 fragrances.
- elizabethW (San Francisco, CA): scented lotions, soaps, and eau de parfum, made by E. Wightman & Co. I love the Magnolia hand lotion!
- Excelsis (San Rafael, CA): premium colognes for men and women, made with essential oils like lavender, bergamot, and vetiver. These remind me of the clean, elegant European colognes I found in Italy.
- FootMate (Commerce, CA): a special brush and foot gel for cleaning and massaging feet in the bath or shower, made by the Gordon Brush Mfg Co. A great idea for those who have trouble bending over to "treat our feet"!
- Hanna's Candle Co. (Fayetteville, AR): a full line of beautifully scented candles, including soy candles. Also available from Candlemart (some accessories imported)
- The Herbal Nook (Alden, NY): purveyors of herbal hot/cold packs, sachets, pillows, and linen waters, including balsam from Maine and Eucalyptus and lavender from California's Sonoma Valley. Spa therapy at its best.
- Incoco (Clifton, NJ): dry nail polish strips that come in fun patterns and colors--press on and file away the extra. This looks like a really interesting product.
- J.R. Watkins Naturals (Winona, MN): personal care products, including lotions, creams, scrubs, shampoos and bath and body oils, made with natural ingredients and scented with lemon, lavendar and rosemary oils, among other things. I love the lemon lotion. (They also sell wonderful spices and home cleaning products.)
- Jordan Essentials (Nixa, MO): skincare products made from natural and botanical ingredients, available from home-based Consultants or from the JE website.
- JUARA: skincare products inspired by Indonesian botanicals (black tea, tamarind, ginger, sandalwood and jasmine), 100% vegetarian and made in USA
- Just Natural (Wellington, FL): organic skin and hair care products, made in USA with botanicals from around the world
- Kiss My Face (Gardiner, NY): a complete line of natural and organic body care products, including skin and hair care, children's products, and bath/shower products. All made in USA except toothpaste (Italy) and olive oil soap (Greece)
- LaNatura (Los Angeles, CA): body and personal care products made in USA using certified organic botanical ingredients.
- MBeze (Wausau, WI): natural skin care products, including scented oils, mists and perfumes, and wonderful little "take-along" deodorettes. Handmade in USA. (Read my MBeze product review.)
- Medusa's Make-Up (Chicago, IL): Not your mother's makeup! Lots of fantastic colors in dusts, glitters, and glosses for wherever you dare wear them. These will definitely appeal to the younger set, but even us "oldsters" like to have fun once in awhile. PETA-certified and made in USA.
- Natural Whetstone Co. (Royal, AR): pedicure stones and pedicure/nail files made from Arkansas novaculite stone.
- Noodle & Boo (Campbell, CA): bath and body care for newborns, babies and children with eczema and sensitive skin, plus the new Glowology line of products for women.
- Nurture My Body (Rainier, WA): personal care products, including baby care products, made in USA from certified organic ingredients
- Relax Wraps (Nashville, TN): wraps filled with US-grown flax seeds and herbs, for soothing heat or cooling, to ease away stress or pain. Neck, shoulder and back wraps, booties, and more.
- Remember Maui (Maui, HI): body butters, washes and lotions, handmade in Hawaii with the scents of tropical flowers. The things I remember best about Maui are the flowers and the wonderful fruit!
- Rosebud Perfume Co. (Woodsboro, MD): wonderful lip balms and salves since 1895. (Read about the company's history). Available from My All American Store
- Sandi's Soap Scents (South Lyon, MI): a lovely collection of glycerin soaps and moisturizing lotions and bath products. I tried lots of these, and all were fantastic.
- Shugar Soapworks (Commerce, CA): soaps made from all-natural, 100% vegetable ingredients, made in California since 1969. I love the Oatmeal Verbena soap.
- Sky Valley Farm (Ramona, CA): fragrant soaps and lotions with unique blends of herbs and flower scents, created by a classically trained chef and 100% made in California.
- Udder Cream: made by Redex Ind. (Salem, OH), the Udderly Smooth creams and lotions come in the containers with black and white cow spots. I first discovered Udder Cream at the fabric store because quilters love the product to sooth hands without making them greasy. The lotion is nice also, but my favorite is still the original cream.