SHOP BY GEOGRAPHY
ON MY MIND (BLOG)
Search this Site
|Yard and Garden . . .
|»BBQ Grills & Grilling Tools
»Home Spas, Saunas and Hot Tubs
»Outdoor Furniture & Storage
»Pets & Wildlife
BBQ Grills and Grilling Tools [Back to Top]
- Alfresco Grills (Commerce, CA): open-air kitchens, including refrigeration, burners and grills
- Cookshack Smokers (Ponca City, OK): electric and wood pellet smokers, spices, and sauces, all made in USA.
- Fill It and Grill It (Angola, IN): stainless steel rotisserie cooking basket, great for smaller pieces of meat or vegetables that might burn if left directly on the grill.
- Grill Time, LLC (Salem, OR): Super Skewer BBQ skewers, stainless steel in flat blade or double-tine styles, with wood handles. Great for meat, fish and veggie kabobs. Small, reusable metal fruit picks also available.
- Hasty-Bake (Tulsa, OK): portable charcoal ovens that grill, bake or smoke foods. Made in USA since 1948.
- Huntington Grills (Huntington, IN): gas grills made from steel and cast aluminum at factories in Huntington, IN; Dickson, TN; and Ontario, Canada
- Lodge Mfg. (S. Pittsburgh, TN): cast iron portable grills. Available from My All-American Store
- Lyfe Tyme, Inc. (Uvalde, TX): custom steel BBQ pits, including grills with and without a firebox, and smaller camper grills and tabletop grills. All can also be used as smokers. Contact the company for dealer locations and prices.
- MAK GRiLLS (Dallas, OR): wood pellet BBQ-smoker-grills, USA-made to last with critical components made from stainless steel.
- Modern Home Products (MHP) : outdoor gas barbecue grills, from Easy Living Home Systems (Joliet, IL)
- Pops Q Tool (Salt Lake City, UT): a stainless steel 6-in-1 BBQ tool that functions as tongs when the 2 pieces are joined, and when separated provides a spatula, fork, grill scraper, knife and bottle opener. This looks like a great idea. Handle engraving also available.
- Portable Kitchens (Little Rock, AR): charcoal grills made from cast aluminum, in a design made famous in the 1950's, 60's and 70's. Once again available for sale, made in USA thanks to new owners Paul and Sarah James.
- Primo Grills and Smokers (Atlanta, GA): ceramic grills and smokers that keep more of the heat in than metal grills, and made in USA!
- Twin Eagles, Inc. (Cerritos, CA): stainless steel free-standing or built-in gas grills and cooking accessories, plus indoor/outdoor radiant heaters.
- Solaire Infrared Grills, made by Rasmussen Iron Works (Whittier, CA). Stainless steel gas grills, featuring Solaire Infrared Burner for faster preheating and higher cooking temperatures.
- Weber Grills (Palatine, IL): all charcoal grills made in Huntley, IL, and Summit and Genesis gas grills are made in Palatine, IL with domestic and imported parts (other gas grills imported)
- Wilmington Grill (Wilmington, NC): stainless steel gas grills with indirect cooking using a flame inhibitor tray to catch sauces and prevent flare-ups
Weber One Touch
Flags [Back to Top]
- Allied Flag™: manufacturing U.S. flags using American materials and labor at plants in Bogalusa, LA and Kansas City, MO. Available from USFlagstore.com
- Annin & Co. : a full line of U.S., state, and international flags. Manufacturing facilities in New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia. Available online from AmericanFlags.com
- Valley Forge Flag (Moncks Corner, SC): U.S. flags of nylon, Koralex, and cotton, plus state and international flags. American-made since 1882. Available from United States Flag Store.
Tip from Stephanie: if gardening's not your thing, find locally grown produce at LocalHarvest.org
Gardening Supplies [Back to Top]
- Amador Flower Farm (Plymouth, CA): over 800 varieties of daylilies, grown in American soil and shipped bare root all over the country.
- Annie's Heirloom Seeds (Beaver Island, MI): this family owned and operated farm offers heirloom seeds for over 50 varieties of vegetables and herbs, plus annual and perennial flowers.
- Black River Tools (Manning, SC): makers of Weed Ox garden tools, my favorite bright red triangle hoe! The company also makes Father Nature Bird Feeders and Driftmaster fishing rod holders.
- Carolina Glove (Conover, NC): gardening and work gloves of all sorts (look for "Made in USA")
- CobraHead Tools (Cambridge, WI): the CobraHead Weeder and Cultivator is a small hand garden tool with a blade of U.S. steel and a handle of wood fiber-reinforced recycled plastic
- ComposTumbler (Lancaster, PA): rotating composters in 4 sizes, from the small "Back Porch" model to full-sized models that hold up to 6 30-gal trash bags of material. The easy way to "recycle" kitchen and yard waste into compost. Made in USA from polyethylene or galvanized metal drums, with tubular steel frames.
Search for "Vermont Made"
- Creative Mailbox Planters (Stover, MO): this cute planter fits over standard mailboxes, comes in white molded plastic ready for priming and painting in the colors of your choice. Made in USA by Ameri-Kart Corp. (Akron, OH)
- Deep Digger Garden Trowel (Shelbyville, IN): sturdy trowels with welded steel construction and maple wood or aluminum handle.
- Dig Rig: a molded plastic attachment that fits over the shovel blade edge, sparing your foot and your footwear. Manufactured by Premier Mold & Die (Florence, AL). Available alone, or attached to an American-made shovel.
- DuneCraft (Chagrin Falls, OH): garden terrarium and biodome kits with cool plants like cacti and carnivorous plants. What a great way to get kids interested in plants! Available from AreYouGame
- E-Z Haul Carts (Van Nuys, CA): garden and utility carts with 2, 3, or 4 wheels. Steel frames and colorful poly tubs. Nicely balanced to save your back!
- Florian Tools (Southington, CT): hand pruners, loppers, and pole pruners made in USA (look for the flag emblem). Other products imported. Available from Gardener's Supply Company and My All-American Store.
- Gilmour Mfg. (Somerset, PA): most hoses and tank sprayers still made in USA, but other items imported.
- Fanno Saw Works (Chico, CA): folding and pole-handle pruning saws and tree care accessories
- Fisher Blacksmithing (Bozeman, MT): hand-forged steel gardening tools with walnut handles
- Garden Works (Bellevue, WA): makers of the Soil Scoop, Tiger Trowel, and other great gardening tools with the "comfort grip" handles (Other products imported.)
- Garden and Yard Products.com : deck flooring, hose guides, plastic garden fencing, and patented lawn ground anchors
- Gardex Lawn and Garden Tools (St. Louis, MO): quality lawn rakes assembled in USA with domestic and imported components, available at DoItBest and Ace Hardware
- Heart Hoe (Alva, FL): weeding and edging tools for lawn or garden.
- Holdredge Enterprises (West Burlington, NY): designer and manufacturer of the Hooke 'n Crooke garden tool, an innovative tool for weeding, cultivating, edging, and planting. Hardwood long and short-handled designs.
- Mantis Garden Tools (Southampton, PA): garden tillers assembled in USA from domestic and imported parts.
- Maxim Mfg (Sebastopol, MS): tillers, trimmers, log splitters, and garden carts. Made in USA with Briggs & Stratton engines. Available from Ace Hardware
- Organic Composter: makers of the Urban Compost Tumbler, a rotatable composter designed with a central aeration system and made from food grade and recycled plastic.
- QPI Tools (Steubenville, OH): Bully Tools are professional-grade landscaping and gardening tools, plus tools for building and remodeling projects. Available from My All-American Store
- Rogue Hoe (Cabool, MO): specialty hoes for lawn, garden, and smaller hand hoes, sharpened on three sides
E-Z Haul Cart
Okabashi Garden Clogs
Weed-Ox Garden Tools
Home Spas, Saunas and Hot Tubs [Back to Top]
- Atera AnyTemp Spas (Glendale, AZ): hot tubs, spas, and swim spas, made in USA with 100% American components. Including AnyTemp® spas that offer "four-season use", with water temperature settings from 62 to 104 F.
- Almost Heaven Saunas (Renick, WV): barrel saunas beautifully crafted from weather-resistant red cedar using the same techniques used to build wood barrels (grooved staves are held secure with stainless steel bands). Indoor or outdoor use.
Lawn Care [Back to Top]
- American Lawn Mower Co. (Shelbyville, IN): Lightweight push reel mowers are good for the lawn, the planet, and you! Models still made in USA: 1404-16, 1705-16 (also sold under the Great States brand as 404-16 and 705-16) (as of January 2013).
- Ariens Corp. (Brillion, WI): snow blowers and zero-turn mowers for consumers, plus commercial lawn equipment and specialty mowers for landscapers, golf courses, and sports turf.
- Palmor Products, Inc. (Thorntown, IN): makers of Trac-Vac lawn vacuums and accessories for garden tractors and zero-turn mowers.
- Rich Mfg. (Thorntown, IN): manufacturer of Convertible Mowers, zero turn mowers that convert to a walk-behind. Mowers use Kawasaki and Kohler engines.
- Snapper (McDonough, GA): all Snapper lawn mowers are made in USA. Lawn tractors are made in Port Washington, WI; commercial equipment is made in Munsville, NY; and other Snapper products are made in McDonough, GA.
Lawn/Garden Decor [Back to Top]
- American Pond Kits: "Do-It-Yourself" pond kits with American-made components (only the pump is imported)
- Cape Cod Weathervane Company (Hyannis, MA): copper lanterns, brass door knockers, cupolas, address plaques, welcome mats, barn stars, and bird houses, made in USA by a division of Bendtek (manufacturer of copper gutters and other home renovation products) (a few products on the site are imported, so look for "made in USA")
- Carruth Studio (Waterville, OH): garden art, statues, rain gauges, thermometers, stepping stones, all original and cast in stone
- Gaslite Outdoor Gas Yard Lights : excellent lighting, and that "Old World Charm" for entrance or yard, from Easy Living Home Systems (Joliet, IL)
- Grace Note Wind Chimes (Mariposa, CA): wind chimes in 9 sizes and 7 tunings, handcrafted from aluminum with recycled composite wood strikers
- Iron Stop Wind Spinners (Denton, TX): colorful, fun Wind Spinners made from powder coated steel
- J.J. Potts (Salt Lake City, UT): makers of Shroomyz, brightly handpainted ceramic garden mushrooms. Add wonderful color to your garden or potted plants (but bring them indoors in the winter). Available from The Nautical Rooster or in sets from Garden Art, a site with garden art by many American artists.
- Kimmel Gnomes : stoneware pottery gnomes made in South Dakota
- Santa Barbara Bells (Santa Barbara, CA): beautiful hand-made aluminum windchimes, featuring 5 Pentatonic notes in a choice of musical keys (the website allows you hear, as well as see, the chimes). These are musical instruments, as much as garden decor!
- The Stone Mill (Manchester, CT): signs and address plaques made from American slate, wood, or Avonite (similar to Corian®). Great wedding and housewarming gifts, or to add a distinguishing touch to your place of business.
- Virginia Metalcrafters. This fine old company--making cast metal lanterns, clocks, planters and sundials in Waynesboro, VA closed its doors in 2006. What a loss!
- Whitehall Products Ltd. (Montague, MI): manufacturing house address markers and other outdoor decor for 60 years, using rust-free cast aluminum. Available from Amazon at Whitehall Garden Decor
made in USA by
Outdoor Furniture & Storage [Back to Top]
- Alan's Factory Outlet (Luray, VA): prebuilt storage sheds, garages, and horse barns, made from wood and vinyl by Amish craftsmen. Delivered to VA, WV, and MD.
- Arrow Storage Products (Breese, IL): steel storage sheds in a variety of sizes and styles, shipped as kits ready to assemble.
- Arthur Lauer (Milford, OH): handcrafted teak outdoor furniture, made in USA with mortise and tenon joinery.
- Capitol Sheds : a Virginia-based company offering outdoor storage solutions, including sheds, pool houses, play houses and more. All products are handcrafted in USA by the Amish.
- Casual Living Unlimited (Lancaster County, PA): porch swings, benches, tables, Adirondack and rocking chairs, all made from recycled poly plastic...giving new life to plastic milk jugs and packaging! Sold online under the Siesta brand, available from Wayfair.
- Homecrest Outdoor Living (Wadena, MN): sturdy metal outdoor furniture in a variety of frame styles and outdoor fabrics. Made in USA since 1953. Use dealer locator.
- Little Colorado (Denver, CO): outdoor furniture, kid-sized, made in Colorado of course! Available from Wayfair
- Manchester Wood (Granville, NY): solid wood Adirondack furniture, plus desks, shelving, and accent tables, some with slate tile tops from slate mined in nearby quarries.
- Meadowcraft (Birmingham, AL): wrought iron outdoor furniture made in Wadley, AL, with cushions and umbrellas made in Selma, AL. Use dealer locator to find where to buy.
- Nags Head Hammocks (Nags Head, NC): handcrafted hammocks, porch swings and rope furniture for over 30 years. Also available at factory direct stores if you are in the area.
- Oregon Patio Works (Corvallis, OR): Adirondack chair kits and tables, made from western red cedar and stainless steel hardware. Also available partially assembled (they call this "pre-assembly") for an extra charge.
- The Original Hammock Shop : selling Pawleys Island rope hammocks, still made by hand on Pawleys Island, SC
- Outer Banks Hammocks (Wilmington, NC): hand-made rope hammocks, porch swings, and rockers since 1972
Poly-Wood Made in USA
- Patio Furniture Cushions (Elizabethton, TN): patio cushions and umbrellas made in USA with American-made outdoor fabrics and fibers, including replacement cushions for most major brands. (Umbrella frames imported.)
- Polly Products (Mulliken, MI): outdoor benches, picnic tables, trash receptacles, and bike racks, all made from recycled plastic.
- Poly-Wood, Inc. (Syracuse, IN): casual outdoor furniture made from recycled plastic lumber. Available from Wayfair
- Prairie Leisure (Pierz, MN): outdoor furniture, including Adirondack furniture, made form Spanish Cedar or North American hardwoods. Lots of great paint colors. Available from My All-American Store
- Stacks and Stacks : outdoor furniture, sports racks, and organizers (keyword "USA")
- Tidewater Workshop (Egg Harbor, NJ): after generations of building wooden boats, this family company turned to crafting outdoor wooden furniture. Their chairs, tables, benches, swings, and rockers are made from Eastern white cedar grown in the U.S. and Canada.
- Waltrich Plastic (Walthourville, GA): this manufacturer of outdoor fibers and woven webbing now makes the chairs too! Webbed beach and lawn chairs with light-weight folding aluminum frames, available from the company's webstore at Lawn Chair USA.com.
- Weathercraft Outdoor Furniture (Asheboro, NC): Adirondack Style furniture and swings in natural, wonderful colors, or hand-painted seashore scenes
Pets and Wildlife [Back to Top]
- American Made Dorm & Home (Louisville, KY): dog bedrolls in a variety of fun, dog-friendly fabrics, sized to fit a variety of wire crates and plastic kennels. Made in USA (including the fabric), and machine washable and durable.
- Barn in the Sticks (Monticello, WI): USA-made bird houses, feeders and baths, bat houses, owl houses (Keyword "made USA")
- BeBop USA (Gresham, OR): pet leashes, collars, harnesses and halters, made from nylon webbing in lots of great colors and patterns
- Big Paw Designs (Dallas, TX): pewter pet charms for dogs and cats, plus lots of other great pet-themed products for pets and their owners, made in USA
- Black River Tools (Manning, SC): makers of Father Nature Bird Feeders, Weed Ox garden tools and Driftmaster fishing rod holders.
- Canidae All Natural Pet Food (San Luis Obispo, CA): dog and cat food and treats, made in USA from high-quality U.S. ingredients for the safety of your pets.
- Collars and More (Auburn, NY): leather collars, leads, harnesses and toys for our canine friends, made in USA by Auburn Leathercrafters
- Dog Bed King (Frankfort, IL): round, oval, and pillow-style pet beds, all made in USA
- Father Nature Bird Feeders (Manning, SC): high-quality metal bird feeders, with squirrel resistant design and "seed saver" tray
- Hootie's Pet Beds (Moosic, PA): pet beds made from top quality fabrics and foams
- In the Company of Dogs: extensive collection of dog beds, dog apparel, and dog accessories and toys (Keyword "USA")
- Lupine Collars & Leads (Conway, NH): great-looking and durable collars, leads, and harnesses for cats and dogs, made from woven Jacquard nylon webbing in solids and fun patterns. Sewn in USA with domestic and imported materials.
- Kona's Chips (Oakdale, CA): quality jerky treats for dogs, made in America from American-raised, dried chicken breast meat.
- Marmalade Pet Care (Seattle, WA): scratchers and pet lounges, this "Ecoutour" is sculptural modern furniture for cats!
- Mrs. Bones' Custom Dog Collars (Virginia Beach, VA): custom collars made from brocade and jacquard woven fabrics, fully lined and with solid brass hardware.
- Original Property Postings (Glencoe, IL): "Dog in Yard" and other property signs, made in USA from powder-coated steel.
- Scratch N All (Dillsburg, PA): self-grooming and scratching pads come in 9 colors, interlocking pieces can be combined for great design AND great scratching! For dogs, cats, horses, farm animals. Now manufactured in USA.
- SML Home and Garden : bird and butterfly feeders, bird houses, address plaques and doormats
- Tick Key (Goshen, CT): a tick removal tool that removes the entire tick. Available in lots of colors, from My All-American Store
- West Paw Designs (Bozeman, MT): dog and cat toys and bedding, all made in USA
- Wysong Pet Food (Midland, MI): a family-owned company making natural pet foods (for dogs, cats, ferrets and horses) at their U.S. facility.
- Yellow Dog Design, Inc. (Greensboro, NC): colorful pet collars and leads, and equine fashions (halters and leads), designed and manufactured in USA using dye sublimation and heat transfer printing onto polyester webbing and braid.
Look for U.S. Flag Emblem