SHOP BY GEOGRAPHY
ON MY MIND (BLOG)
Search this Site
|Home Decor . . .
|»Curtains and Shades
»Fireplace & Hearth
»Lamps & Lighting
»Rugs and Flooring
»Storage & Organizers
Curtains and Shades [Back to Top]
- Country Curtains (Stockbridge, MA): great assortment of USA-made muslin, lace, sheers, and more!
- EtchArt, LLC (Cocoa, FL): decorative window films and window accents, easy to apply and remove, add beauty and privacy to home or office while adding insulation. All made in USA.
- FactoryBargainDrapes.com (Hayward, CA): custom and ready-made drapes direct to consumers from American Blinds and Drapes, a manufacturer in the S.F. Bay area
- Fabric Workroom (Southport, CT): window treatments, bedding, fabric headboards, and pillows. The website allows shoppers to choose from hundreds of styles and fabrics to create a custom look, all made in USA.
- Fashion Window Treatments (Fredericksburg, VA): Ready Made and custom window treatments, bedding, pillows, shower curtains, and table accessories. Lots of fabric choices and "design your own" features on the website.
- Horchow : curtains made in USA (many of imported fabric) (keyword "curtains USA")
- Decorating With Lace : lace curtains made in USA by Oxford House Collection , and D. Kwitman & Son, Inc.
- Perfect Fit Custom Shutters (Gaithersburg, MD): factory-direct custom indoor and outdoor plantation shutters. Serving Maryland, Washington DC, and Northern Virginia.
- Sturbridge Yankee Workshop (Portland ME): curtains, braided rugs, wall art, slate signs and more. Shop their "Made in USA" section, with products made in New England.
Decorative Window Films
Wrought Iron Haven
Decorative Arts [Back to Top]
- Adirondack Rustic Design (Lake George, NY): stained glass panels, Tiffany and Mica-Mission lamps, rocking chairs and more
- American Personalized Products (Greenfield, NH): this division of American Steel Fabricators crafts personalized products for the home, including fire grates, key hooks, pet leash holders, house markers and much more.
- Apel Designworks (Woodland Hills, CA): metal sculpture decor and gift products, including unusual aromatherapy and candle holders.
- Blenko Glass Co. (Milton, WV): beautiful handblown glass for table or display, great for wedding or housewarming gifts!
- Bovano (Cheshire, CT): beautiful copper enameled sculptures of birds, flowers, wildlife and more, at The Connecticut Store
- Dezign with a Z (San Francisco, CA): decorative wall decals and wall stickers for home and office spaces. Some great ideas for kid/teen rooms, urban modern, and Euro cafe.
- Fenton Art Glass Co. (Williamstown, WV): handmade art glass vases, serving pieces, and figurines--look for Fenton USA (Fenton International products are imported). In August 2007, Fenton announced that it would be closing, but thanks to an outpouring of customer support, may stay open after all!
- Ferro Designs (Tullahoma TN): wrought iron curtain rods, finials, and brackets available online. Custom iron furniture available to regional customers.
- Fire and Light (Arcata, CA): hand-poured glass tableware made from recycled glass
- Frye's Measure Mill (Wilton, NH): Shaker and Colonial wooden boxes, with or without handles, made in a water-powered mill since 1858
- F.G. Galassi (Goshen, NY): elegant picture frames handcrafted in USA from Italian wood moldings. Available from WilliamGlen.com and Sam Flax of NY
- Green House Framing (Portland, OR): simply beautiful handmade wooden frames, made from recovered wood, mostly Douglas fir.
- Heath Ceramics (Sausalito, CA): hand-crafted and glazed tile for interior or exterior use, including walls, counters, pools, and fountains. Beautiful soft palette of colors.
- HomeVisions: wall art in quality hardwood frames (keyword "USA")
- Jac Zagoory Designs (New York, NY): pewter desk art and accessories
- Laughing Moon (Ventura, CA): hand-made clocks and jumping jack toys, dress up your walls in wonderful colors!
- Linda Paul Studio (Lafayette, CO): canvas wall art, original art paintings, and incredible kitchen backsplash tile murals
- Manual Woodworkers & Weavers (Hendersonville, NC): since 1932, this manufacturer creates wonderful woven tapestries and wall hangings. (Other products imported.) Available from House Accents
- Mirrotek (Passaic, NJ): a wonderful find, this company manufactures decorative mirrors, mirrored murals, bubble lamps, aquarium tables, and much more. All made in USA.
- Oceana Glass (Jeannette, PA): decorative glass kitchen and bath products, including spectacular sinks and glass tiles, art glass, and dinnerware that is oven, microwave and dishwasher safe.
- Off the Wall Murals (Killingworth, CT): artist murals create a totally unique feel to a home. This artist's company works with residential and commercial clients in CT, RI, MA, and NY.
- Pairpoint Glass (Sagamore, MA): beautiful glass objects, including vases, bowls, perfume bottles, figurines, and friendship balls. Handmade on Cape Cod since 1837.
- Piazza Pisano (Miami, FL): plaques, signs, mirrors and other decor, all made in USA from painted, weather-resistant resin.
- Pick My Decor (Lawton, OK): an online store dedicated to American handcrafted decor, including lamps, wall art, tableware, window accents and more.
- The Potting Shed (Concord, MA): Dedham-style pottery bunnies and kittens, plus bowls, vases and all manner of beautiful items in the characteristic blue and gray crackle glaze
- Rachiele (Apopka, FL): custom copper sinks, hoods and countertops, made in USA. Beautiful.
- Resins By Randy (Atascadero, CA): limited production cast resin horse figurines, available in white resin or handpainted by artists. Email ordering.
- Saunders Studios (Somers Point, NJ): handcarved indoor/outdoor sun and moon clocks and thermometers. Available from My All-American Store
- Steuben Glass (Corning, NY): in November 2011, this manufacturer of high-end art glass, from executive gifts to vases, bowls, and stemware, closed its lone factory. There will be no more Steuben Glass.
- Summer Snow (Waukesha, WI): cedar-framed primitive, country, and American folk art prints with the look and feel of canvas
- Wendell August Forge (Grove City, PA): jewelry, home accents, and holiday ornaments--hand forged in polished aluminum, bronze and pewter since 1923 (a few items on their website imported)
- Wrought Iron Haven (Houston, TX): an amazing collection of American-made wrought iron decor, hardware, and furniture
For more ideas, check Handcraft Artisan Wares
Fire and Light Glass
Fireplace & Hearth [Back to Top]
- Adirondack FireStone Co. (Syracuse, NY): a reusable firelighter that absorbs lamp oil in the accompanying ceramic vessel, and when lit burns long enough to light a wood fire without using newspaper or other tinder. Less ashes! A great idea.
- England's Stove Works (Monroe, VA): pellet stoves, gas, multifuel and wood stoves. Available from Lowe's, Home Depot and many other hardware stores.
- Grate Wall of Fire (Litchfield, CT): steel fireplace grates designed to hold logs in a vertical burning chamber to provide hotter, cleaner burning. Cast-iron decorative elements, fire backs, and outdoor firepots also available.
- Mantel Shelves of Lapeer (Lapeer, MI): wooden mantels and shelves in a variety of sizes and finishes, as well as custom orders. Crafted from hardwoods milled in Lapeer.
- Rasmussen Iron Works (Whittier, CA): makers of Rasmussen Gas Logs for fireplaces, as well as Solaire gas grills
- Snyder Mfg, Inc. (Salamanca, NY): makers of Buffalo Pellet Stoves, wood burning pellet stoves with computer-controlled thermostat and automatic self-igniter. Pellets made from recycled wood products.
USA-Made Ash Vac
Buffalo Pellet Stoves
Furniture [Back to Top]
- Accent Furniture : accent tables of northern red oak (keyword "American made")
- Adirondack Chair Shop (Schoharie, NY): Adirondack chairs, benches, rockers, and tables of cedar or pine. Adirondack furniture that is actually made in the Adirondack region of New York!
- Allen Booth (Pearl, MS): retailer of rustic wood furniture, including pieces made from hickory, barnwood, bourbon barrels, and birch bark, plus marbles and pewter kitchen utensils and much more, all made in USA. My favorite are the guitar-shaped tables.
- Amana Furniture (Amana, IA): beautiful wood furniture, handcrafted from solid walnut, cherry and oak since 1855. Their site also offers grandfather clocks by Howard Miller (Zeeland, MI)
- American Chairs (New York, NY): classic retro diner chairs, bar stools, tables, and booths
- American Eco Furniture (Miami, FL): Handcrafted, heirloom quality, solid wood furniture in clean, modern styles for every room, made in USA by small family-owned furniture manufacturers. Custom orders accepted and free shipping in the continental USA.
- American Iron Bed Co. (Los Angeles, CA): handcrafted iron beds in traditional and modern styles, including cribs and kid beds!
- Amish Handcrafted Furniture: for a list of stores specializing in Amish wood furniture, see the Handcraft Artisans page.
- A Natural Home (Fredericktown, OH): Amish hand-crafted beds and furniture made in Ohio from sustainable harvest woods
- Ashlen Windsor Chair Co. (Northport, AL): since 1983, handcrafted from local American hardwoods using 3-wood construction: maple legs, red oak spindles and curves, and carved white pine seats. Available from American Made Workshop
- AspenLog (Pine, CO): aspen log furniture, cedar log furniture, red cedar log furniture, and rustic home decor, handcrafted in USA
- Bellacor: retailer of lighting and home furnishings--shop from their "Made in USA" quick link to find over 11,000 products!
- Brass Beds of Virginia (Richmond, VA): iron and brass beds, reproductions of turn-of-the-century American styles, handmade to order. (Watch the factory tour.) Available online from HeirloomIronBed.com
- Brumby Chair Company (Marietta, GA): Brumby rocking chairs and two-person "courting" rockers, made from American Red Oak with hand-caned bottoms in a Herringbone weave. A Southern tradition since 1875.
- ButterflyChairs.com (Harbor City, CA): butterfly chairs with solid and print covers
- Carrington Court (Hickory, NC): upholstered parsons, dining, and accent chairs
- Catskill Craftsmen (Franklin, NY): hardwood ready-to-assemble kitchen carts, islands, and work centers. Available from My All-American Store
- Century Furniture (Hickory, NC): nearly all of their beautiful furniture is still made in USA. Use locator to find a retailer near you.
- Chilton Furniture (Scarborough, ME): beautiful Shaker-style furniture of cherry and maple, made in Maine
- Chatham Furniture (Amesbury, MA): solid wood furniture in traditional New England and Shaker styles, and antique reproductions. Available from CSN Stores (shop by brand).
- ClubFurniture.com : leather, fabric, and slipcover upholstered furniture, handmade at factories in North Carolina
- Colonial Furniture Company (Freeburg, PA): traditional 18th Century furniture (including Queen Anne and Chippendale styles) for bedroom and dining room, made from solid cherry and solid oak by this family-owned company since 1965.
- Cool Sofa (Costa Mesa, CA): the name says it all! Sofas, loveseats, and sectionals in lots of cool fabrics
- Custom Shoppe Furniture (Watertown, WI): home entertainment and office furniture, built to fit your wall, TV size, or components. Choice of hardwoods, finishes, and decorative moldings and door fronts
- Eldred Wheeler (Hanover, MA): 18th Century style wood furniture (post beds, Queen Anne, Chippendale, Hepplewhite, Nantucket inlay and more), handcrafted in Massachusetts from cherry and tiger maple.
- Furniture Connection : quality furniture direct from manufacturers in NC and elsewhere
- Furniture Domain : bar stools and bar tables, by HJ Scott (Keyword "made USA")
- Gunflint Woodshop (Lacon, IL): hand-crafted primitive wooden furniture
- Hancock & Moore (Hickory, NC): handcrafted furniture of wood and leather, with many finishes and wonderful stitching details.
- Harden Furniture (McConnellsville, NY): family-owned since 1844, this manufacturer crafts beautiful hardwood and upholstered furniture, using American-grown lumber from their own sustainable forest plots. (Check Dealer Locator )
- John Boos & Co. (Effingham, IL): maple and oak butcher block kitchen furniture. (The company also has facilities in Philipsburg, PA and Suring, WI where they manufacture wooden school furniture). Available from Sur La Table
- Just Futon Covers: futon covers in a great assortment of colors and patterns, all made in USA.
- Klote International (Dandridge, TN): contemporary upholstered furniture with strong, light polystyrene frames. (See how it's made.) European flair, but made in Eastern Tennessee! Available from Unique Contemporary Solutions (search for "Klote" using Advanced Search) and LL Bean (keyword "Ultralight")
- LaCrosse Furniture (LaCrosse, KS): this employee-owned manufacturer makes custom sofa-sleepers, sofas, love seats, chairs and ottomans in your choice of fabrics.
- Lakeland Mills (Edmore, MI): manufacturer of rustic log furniture for every room in your home, plus outdoor furniture, arbors, and garden bridges. Available from Log Furniture Place
- Leather Creations (Lawrenceville, GA): custom handcrafted leather sofas, sectionals, and reclining sofas and chairs, all with hardwood frames and leather in a choice of over 200 designer colors. Available factory direct or from one of their 12 retail locations.
- Maine Cottage (Yarmouth, ME): hardwood and upholstery furniture in your choice of 40 paint colors and original fabrics
- Manchester Wood (Granville, NY): solid wood Adirondack furniture, plus desks, shelving, and accent tables, some with slate tile tops from slate mined in nearby quarries.
- Mobel Inc. (Ferdinand, IN): family-owned manufacturer of solid wood bedroom furniture. Truly beautiful.
- Nichols and Stone (Gardner, MA): incredible wood furniture in European, Early American, and Country styles. I love the Williamsburg collection! Some day... Check their dealer locator for where to buy. (A few lines are imported, so verify origin before you buy)
- Norwalk Furniture (Norwalk, OH): upholstered furniture, the majority of which is made in USA with U.S. and imported materials. Manufacturing facilities in Norwalk, OH; Cookeville, TN; Valdese, NC; and Fulton, MS. Website also has a fun room planner .
- Oak Inheritance (Shipshewana, IN): children's furniture of oak and maple by Amish craftsmen
- Old Hickory Furniture Co. (Shelbyville, IN): for nearly 120 years, this manufacturer has been making rustic furniture using renewable hickory saplings from the mountains of Tennessee. Available from LodgeCraft.com
Pendleton Eco-Wise Furniture
- Platform Beds (Davenport, IA): retailer offering a full selection of wood platform beds, made in USA from domestic hardwoods (oak, cherry, maple and walnut) by manufacturers including Copeland (Brandon, VT), Dapwood (Albuquerque, NM) and Lyndon (Lyndon, VT)
- Ridgeway Clock Co. (Zeeland, MI): American-made Grandfather clocks. Shop by brand at TheFurniture.com (smaller wall and mantel clocks imported)
- Russel & Mackenna (Jessup, MD): hand-made cottage style furniture in wood or upholstery. Many wonderful, bright paint colors and fabric choices.
- Samuel S. Case Cabinetmakers (Berryville, VA): handcrafted wood furniture in styles from 18th Century Virginia, plus Mission and other American styles.
- Scottsdale Art Factory (Scottsdale, AZ): working in wood and metal, artisans craft furniture, doors, windows, gates, lighting and hardware
- Shaka Studios (New Waverly, TX): reproduction Early American painted furniture and Shaker-inspired country primitive furniture, including cupboards, armoires, chairs, dry sinks, and pie safes.
- Sittin' Easy (Eagle Springs, NC): porch swings, gliders, rockers and tables, handmade from kiln-dried white oak
- Standout Designs (Milton, PA): TV consoles and home theater furniture made from solid American-grown hardwoods in beautiful, clean designs (no veneer, MDF, or particleboard!)
- Stickley Furniture (Manlius, NY): hardwood furniture of heirloom quality, in Mission and Metropolitan styles with beautifully clean lines, as well as traditional styles. I covet this stuff! (Factory tours available)
- Tennessee Oak Inc. (Pigeon Forge, TN): fine wood tables, chairs, benches, and bedroom furniture
- The Old Wood Co. (Ashville, NC): tables of all sizes (dining, end, parlor, and accent tables), made from reclaimed wood and recycled steel. Call to order.
- Timber Nest (Williston, VT): wood and metal frame loft and bunk beds, handcrafted in Vermont
- Urban Green Furniture (Brooklyn, NY): modern furniture handcrafted in Brooklyn using locally sourced woods and select veneers, finished with your choice of 24 low-VOC, toxin-free stains and colors.
- Vermont Precision Woodworks (Morrisville, VT): wood furniture manufacturer that uses locally purchased and dried lumber (cherry and maple). Products include bedroom sets and bunk beds, hard maple children's furniture, and even wooden parts for pianos! (Bolton product line imported)
- Vermont Woods Studios (Vernon, VT): Modern, Shaker, and Mission style furniture, handcrafted in Vermont with US-grown hardwoods. They even have Frank Lloyd Wright styles made from his original designs and measurements. (I recognized his round dining chair from Fallingwater House!)
- Viking Log Furniture (St. Joseph, MN): rustic log furniture and western-style barnwood furniture, made in Minnesota from pine or cedar. Furniture for bedroom (including futon frames), dining room, plus kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanities.
- Wood Technology Inc. (Conover, NC): media storage, TV and speaker stands, and swivels. Made in USA from American hardwoods and metal.
- Wrought Iron Haven (Houston, TX): an amazing collection of American-made wrought iron decor, hardware, and furniture (including beds)
Wesley Allen Iron Beds, Made in USA
La-Z-Boy Office Furniture
Klote Modern Furniture
John Boos & Co.
Fiddleback Arm Chair
Lamps & Lighting [Back to Top]
- American Made Lighting: a great source for lighting by Hubbardton Forge, Arroyo Craftsman, American Brass and Crystal, Justice Design, Mica Lamp Company, Architectural Details, Northeast Lantern, and more.
- Art Specialty Co. (Chicago, IL): high quality table, desk and floor lamps since 1932 (Great monthly specials!)
- Electrix Inc. (New Haven, CT): manufacturers of architectural lighting fixtures and task lighting. Task lighting also available from Instawares.com
- Hubbardton Forge (Castleton, VT): hand-forged floor and table lamps, chandeliers, and ceiling lighting fixtures, available from Light N Leisure
- LazLight (Weston, FL): high-performance reading lamp with adjustable gooseneck and dimmer control.
- Schoolhouse Electric (Portland, OR): hand-crafted solid brass lighting fixtures and hand-blown glass shades, vintage style and made in USA
- Victorian Lampshades and Lamps (Toledo, WA): handcrafted custom lampshades, antique lampshades recovered, replacement glass shades, and more. This site is a great resource.
Keyword "Made in USA"
Rugs and Flooring [Back to Top]
- Classic Rug Collection (New York, NY): handknotted and hand-tufted rugs designed by Barbara Barran and made by Mountain Rug Mills (Hendersonville, NC) and Woolshire Carpet Mills (Calhoun, GA). Rya, Children's Collection, and Gee's Bend designs all made in USA from New Zealand wool, other collections imported. (Gee's Bend Quilt Collection is based on traditional patterns designed by the women of Gee's Bend, AL. The quilters receive a royalty.)
- Colonial Mills (Pawtucket, RI): oval and rectangle braided rugs in classic and contemporary color combinations, plus stair treads and chair pads. All made in USA. Available from Wayfair.com
- Dr. Doormat (Suwanee, GA): antimicrobial-treated doormat for indoor use
- Fanmats, LLC (Suwanee, GA): manufacturer of tufted floor mats and rugs, specializing in licensed products including Collegiate, NFL, NBA, NHL and Military-themed mats
- Kathy's Braided Rugs (Middletown, MD): braided rugs in many colors and styles, including heart-shaped
- Let's Gel, Inc. (Austin, TX): gel-filled floor mats designed to ease discomfort from standing on hard floors...kitchen, laundry, or anywhere you stand!
- ModuTile (Houston, TX): interlocking tiles of high-impact polypropylene, each a square foot in area and 1/2-inch thick, in a variety of colors and surface textures to transform a garage floor. Beveled edge pieces can be added to create a mat.
- Mohawk Industries (Calhoun GA): Mohawk Home rugs, available from Wayfair.com.
- Rhody Rug (Cumberland, RI): a family-owned company that crafts braided rugs and chair pads at their factory in Rhode Island. Available from The Furniture Paradise.
- Shaw Industries (Dalton, GA): flooring and rugs, including the Kathy Ireland brand rugs, which are all made in USA. Available from CSN Rugs.
- Thorndike Mills: Colonial-style braided rugs and wool hand-loomed rugs, made in New England. (hand-hooked rugs imported). Available from Wayfair.com
- WeatherTech (Bolingbrook, IL): modular floor tiles for areas where you want wet or dry non-slip surfaces, like mudrooms, playrooms, garages and workshops. The company also makes automotive floor mats and cargo liners.
Capel Rugs from: Layla Grace
Ball and Ball Hardware (Exton, PA)
Kids' Room [Back to Top]
- 1888 Toys: this retailer carries a great selection of wooden children's furniture, plus toys and board games. Look for the "Made in USA" pages.
- Berg Furniture (Barrington, NJ): modern nursery and kids' furniture, all made in USA. Use store locator to find a source near you.
- Bunk Beds Etc (Cedar Park, TX): American-made bunk beds made from solid yellow pine, with safety features for kids but sturdy enough to support adults, finished in your choice of 5 colors
- Cartoon Furniture: wonderfully playful children's furniture, manufactured in Palm Springs, CA
- Discount Kids Chairs (Sebastopol, CA): children's furniture made with commercial quality upholstery fabrics and heavy vinyl. Available with 3 leg heights, "this furniture grows as your child grows!"
- Hampton Furniture Collection , quality children's wooden furniture in bright red, white, navy, and natural, available from Company Kids
- Little Colorado (Denver, CO): beautiful wooden children's furniture, painted with bright colors using lead-free paint. All made in USA, available from Wayfair
- Q Collection Junior (New York, NY): eco-friendly cribs and kid furniture handmade in USA from locally sourced woods, non-toxic finishes, and plywood without added formaldehyde. Available from All Modern Baby.com
- Room Mates (York PA): peel-and-stick vinyl wall decals, perfect for kid rooms and nursery, but ideas for the whole house.
- Step2 (Streetsboro, OH): in addition to high-quality ride-on toys, climbers, playhouses, and wagons, Step2 makes molded plastic children's furniture at factories in Streetsboro and Perrysville, OH and Fort Valley, GA. A small number of items are imported, so look for Made in USA". Available from Wayfair (Shop by Brand)
- Wee-Boos (Guthrie, OK): molded plastic toy chests in the shape of your favorite sports ball--football, golf, soccer, basketball, or baseball.
Arts & Crafts Furniture
Young America by Stanley
Storage & Organizers [Back to Top]
- Addendia: creator of Hi & Dri Storage Pallets, modular pallets for home and business use. Stack and store inventory, personal belongings, and bulk supplies safely off the floor. Made from polypropylene plastic by Customatic Inc. (Worcester, MA). Available from The Container Store.
- Closets To Go (Tigard, OR): custom closet organizers and closet systems, manufactured using wood panel products from Oregon's Panolam Industries and first quality American and European hardware
- Longaberger Co. (Newark, OH): handcrafted baskets of maple wood strips, plus a new line of USA-made American Home Pottery. (Other items imported). Available online or from a home consultant.
- Myndology (Brussels, WI): organize your thoughts with these beautiful ring-bound and disc-bound stationery products
- Peterboro Basket Co. (Peterborough, NH): hand-woven baskets of all sorts, for serving, saving, organizing, laundry and more
- Sterilite Corp. (Townsend, MA): manufacturing home storage at 6 plants in USA, available at Do It Best.com
- Stacks and Stacks HomeWares : kitchen, laundry, and drawer organizers, and sports racks (keyword "made USA")