SHOP BY GEOGRAPHY
ON MY MIND (BLOG)
Search this Site
|Kids/Juniors . . .
Casual/Play Clothes [Back to Top]
- A.S.Tees (Columbia, SC): great selection of junior/girls raglan, babydoll, and ringer tees, plus my favorite spandex camisoles
- Alloy.com: cool clothes for teens, including Truck Jeans, skirts, tees, and tanks (keyword "USA")
- American Apparel: Classic Girl t-shirts, hoodies, skirts, and yoga pants
- Berry Jane (Dallas, TX): "Leggings for Little Ladies" in lots of great fabrics, all made in USA.
- Body Central: retailer of young-hearted casual fashion. Find USA content using keyword "domestic".
- Chasing Fireflies (SeaTac, WA): kids' apparel, dress-up, bedding, and room decor (keyword "made in USA")
- CWDkids.com: children's play clothes, many made in USA (check country of origin). Brands made in USA include Anita G, Flap Happy, and Charlie Rocket
- Columbiaknit, Inc.(Portland, OR): rugby shirts, cobble cloth, mock turtles and more for the entire family--like LLBean and Landsend, but made in USA!
- dELiAs.cOm: retailer of fun fashion for teens, including many boyfriend tanks and logo tees made in USA (keyword "USA")
- Earth Creations (Bessemer, AL): short and long-sleeved tees of cotton and organic cotton, dyed with natural clays in beautiful muted colors of the earth, with eco designs
- Earth Wear (Chattanooga, TN): organic cotton kids clothing, including jeans from color-grown cotton (no dyes!). "Grown and sewn in USA."
- The Fleece Farm (Sammamish, WA): cotton sweatpants, sweatshirts, long sleeve jerseys, jumpers, and ruffle tee dresses, made in Pennsylvania and garment dyed at "the Farm" (short sleeve tee shirts are imported)
- Fresh Produce (Gardena, CA): colorful coastal/beach-inspired clothing--sundresses, shorts, skirts and tops--perfect for summer or tropical get-aways. (A few items imported, so look for "made in USA" in product descriptions.)
- GreenEdge Kids: eco-friendly clothing for kids, sizes 2-12. (keyword "boys USA" or "girls USA")
- Kookie (South Berwick, ME): cute and stylish apparel for little girls, sizes 2T-6, made from cotton designer fabrics under the brand names myKy and mini momee. Oh, if only I had little girls! Available from Hip and Tickle
- Modest Apparel USA (Buffalo, MO): girls tops, skirts and jumpers, from a family owned, home-based business
- My Green Closet (Plymouth, MN): organic cotton clothing for kids, sizes 2T-6, made in USA
- Pointer Brand (Bristol, TN): kids carpenter jeans, camo pants, coveralls, and shorts
- Stock Mercantile Exchange (San Anselmo, CA): kids' apparel made from pre-washed 100% cotton fabrics, sizes 2T to 8.
Andrew Rohan Sweaters
|Outerwear [Back to Top]
- Campmor.com: kids and toddlers Polartec® jackets, hats, and pants (keyword "made USA")
- Chuck Roast (Conway, NH): Polartec fleece jackets, scarves, and more for babies through adult
- Frosty Fleece: fleece jackets for youth and adults, in a wonderful selection of jacquard designs
- Johnson Woolen Mills (Johnson, VT): kid-sized versions of their famous buffalo plaid shirt jackets, woolen capes, and more
- Mountain Sprouts (Grand Junction, CO): outdoor fleece clothing
- Newberry Knitting (Schenectady, NY): quality wool mittens and leather gloves
- Quality Fleece (Fall River, MA): fleece hats, scarves, and throws made from Polartec fleece
- Sterlingwear of Boston (East Boston, MA): manufacturer of authentic Navy Pea Coats for men, women, and kids. One of the few sources for American-made outerwear for kids and teens.
- Wintergreen Northern Wear (Ely, MN):outerwear for serious winters--anoraks, jackets and pants for children and toddlers, and for their parents too!
- Wristies (Lowell, MA): fingerless gloves of softest Polartec fleece, for adults and kids, in lots of great colors and patterns
Northeast Knitting Mills
Fleece Hats from The Mouse Works
|Special Occasion [Back to Top]
- LainaLine (Cedar Springs, MI): toddlers' and children's clothing with matching hats and accessories
- Nordstrom: retailer of fine clothing, including many American-made products (keyword "USA")
- Patsy Aiken Designs (Raleigh, NC): wonderful collections of children's clothing all made in USA except for the Fall sweaters and tights. (Read about the company)
- Storybook Heirlooms: special occasion dresses and casual wear, many made in USA, has closed.
- Wooden Soldier (North Conway, NH): retailer of beautiful special occasion clothing for kids (up to size 16), including dozens of USA-made velvet and satin dresses. Great selection of children's dress shoes from Italy.
CWD Kids Special Occasion
|Swimwear for Kids/Teens [Back to Top]
- CWDkids.com: children's swimwear and board shorts, including American-made brands (Click on "Made in USA" category)
- MoreSwimSuits.com: on-line retailer of BerryDog swimsuits made in San Francisco, CA
- NoNetz Swimwear (Brooklyn, NY): boys' swim trunks with a soft liner made from high performance fabric that is anti-bacterial and has Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) of 50.
- Texas Recreation (Wichita Falls, TX): makers of flotation swimwear and flotation vests in toddler to adult sizes, plus Super Soft pool lounges, chairs and floats, all made in USA. Available from My All-American Store and iBoats.com
- Venus Swimwear (Jacksonville, FL): mix and match tops and bottoms, and one piece suits ()
- Warm Belly Wetsuits (Eureka, CA): adjustable Neoprene wetsuits keep kids warm in the pool, or wherever they swim! Made in Humboldt County, CA.
Accessories [Back to Top]
- CBH Studio (Ayer, MA): American-made, fun vinyl backpacks, lunch bags, and handbags for kids and teens
- Dream Bags (Chicago, IL): leather and tapestry backpacks, handbags, evening purses, belts and more
- Earthchic (Mobile, AL): wonderful tote bags made from Ecospun, a fabric made completely from recycled soda bottles!
- Madcapz (Larchmont, NY) fun baseball-style caps for women and girls
- Posh Handbags (Austin, TX): fun and funky handbags from "Posh by Tori", available from My All-American Store
- Solmate Socks (South Strafford, VT): multi-colored knit socks, mismatched for more fun! Kids socks sold as "a pair, and a spare"
- Sweet Suzy (Wethersfield, CT): silk and chiffon scarves, shawls, and wraps
- Wheel House Designs : fun socks in loads of great patterns, including holiday, designed in VT and knit in NC
Footwear [Back to Top]
- Bear Feet Shoes (Brownwood, TX): baby and kids' shoes and sandals, made with leather uppers and crepe rubber soles. Lots of styles in a choice of colorful leathers, some with Swarovski crystals and sparkly leather.
- Hoy Shoe Co. (St. Louis, MO): leather sandals for kids (infants to junior sizes), including the Saltwater Sandals, are almost all now made in China. Darn!
- Jack Rogers Shoes (Hallandale, FL): Navajo and daisy sandals for women and girls, available in an incredible number of color combinations. Also available from Appleseed's and Cara Mia
- Okabashi (Buford, GA): PVC sandals and garden clogs with "comfort massage", now available in kid sizes and great tropical colors
- Soft Star Shoes (Corvallis, OR): soft-sole leather moccasins in youth and adult sizes, plus adorable baby and kids soft-sole shoes
Soft Star Shoes